Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Daily Dose #45 (07/12/11)

We interrupt our regularly scheduled blog cast for a message from the emergency blog-o-thon network, and your personal "Daily Dose" administrator, Crazy-as-a-shithouse rat Little Georgie, the pink bunny slipper wearing, rust coated Shaman in exile on Helen Street:



"Hey you! See that "share" button? The sign up for direct email delivery? The Google and Networked Blogs "Follow" option?

If you've been reading this blog regularly and haven't availed yourself to these tools, then you are a parasitic lamprey eel, and you should stop reading now. We don't want usurpers here in Peep-A-Roo land, only givers and receivers that understand the concept of that type of momentum, and the value in sustaining it.

Have I alienated 95% of the folks that read this? Probably. I don't give a tumbling fuck, frankly.

There's an implied trade off and pact between sharing the contents of "The Daily Dose" by not selling advertising, or monetizing the blog-o-thon in anyway....the content is free, and all I ask is that you help spread it around some to be able to receive it without the fear of being taken advantage of by me and Google Adsense.

I respect that implied pact, and backed it up with the only thing I have left of any true value to prove it: My Integrity. I made a public promise, and I keep my promises.

I'm looking for active participants in the Universal recycling system, not boat anchors. If you haven't grasped the concept of "tearing off a piece for yourself, and then passing it along" by now, you probably never will.

You're a hole that can't be filled. This blog ain't for you.

I'm seeking quality, not quantity. People are always impressed by a big number, but the numbers don't mean a thing to me. The "Dose" is an experiment, and experiments aren't shaded for a desired outcome. They are conceptualized, guided by an hypothesis, designed, and then executed.

I'm writing these blogs specifically for the people that are sharing them and realize the value of that kind of participation. The experiment was designed to specifically identify and then unify these types of people and personalities. Everybody does a little of the heavy lifting, making it light work.

At the end, the result will be a world wide closed circuit of group communication, and that will be extremely valuable to all who have participated in the process in the future.

So if you are reading these installments passively without any reciprocated effort? At least you now know who and what you are. Maybe you should recalibrate, or maybe you should just stop reading "The Dose" altogether. Your personal decision on this particular issue is beyond my control.

In actuality, I'm hoping that the initial metric reaction to this statement is that the number of page views goes radically down. Then at least I'll know that people are actually reading the thing and are paying attention.

If you read it, then you should re-post it, share it and give feedback like you're on auto-pilot. That's the ritual and the price of entry.

That's the deal. Anything less than that frames you as a thief and an energy usurper. Even though I look a bit like a young long haired, jowly Don Corleone in the above portrait (taken by my dear friend Laura Brazak, BTW), If you can't be bothered, it is a deal you absolutely must refuse.

God Bless You, and God Bless America".



And now, we return our regularly scheduled blog-o-thon broadcast already in progress:


Creation, Validation and Inspiration: Part 7


“A FOOL THINKS HIMSELF TO BE WISE, BUT A WISE MAN KNOWS HIMSELF TO BE A FOOL”

So you may be asking the question, “Why is he writing this, and why is he posting these as Daily Doses on the Blog-O-Thon?”

As I read my contributions to the blog, two things pop out at me.

The first is that if you trace the chronology of the contributions I made to the thread, they serve as the crumbs on the trail to finding something that I had lost, something so dear to me that it’s loss was literally killing me.

The evidence of a creative re-birth. Remember, I had stopped playing, had no plans to play in the future, and cleaned toilets to pay the rent, drug addled and very much confused about whether I even wanted to continue to breath or not.

So I just started to tell a few tales and write a few stories. There was no agenda, no expected pay-off, just…. throwing it out into the Universe via cyberspace. You can see the first tentative tendril shoots of exploration, and then “Booker on the Edge” came pouring out of me.

Then stopping because of the rate in which that story did pour out of me. I was trying to down play it as a happy accident, and not something that could be sustained.

Then getting back on the horse, recanting Booker stories, K-Doe stories, stories of my adopted home town to an audience.

Now, admittedly, a very small audience. Not many people bother to actually read these days, and most of my friends on Myspace at the time were cartoon characters and inanimate objects: My numbers on the blog-o-thon were intially very low (I haven’t been one for very much active “promotion” these days) But there were a select few who took the time to read them, and leave encouraging comments.

Unbeknownst to me, I was again assembling a tribe. A tiny tribe, which leads to this second observation, and the true point of this long-winded tale.

You folks (and you know who you are) validated these tentative efforts.

I re-read all the reactions over the past year. Every one, urging me to keep going, keep writing and most importantly. keep throwing it out there.

Again, when in the throes of Bi-Polar craziness, I could not recognize what was happening at the time, but your comments were the only thing that was keeping me alive at that point.

So here’s the skinny: I now know that waiting fifteen years to express true understanding, and true gratitude, for heartfelt validation is lunacy.

I will not wait fifteen years, and I will not wait until you die and it’s too late to make an attempt to at least try to tell you, and anybody else who may read this, just how important you are to me, and just how grateful I am to The Universe that I accidentally found a way out of the forest.

And of course, how grateful I am to all of you; The Pineapple Peep-A-Roos, veterans of Cute Dog Contests, anti hydro-fracking initiatives, political tom foolery and other internet shananigans that have sprung forth from my crazy cranium the past few years.

I threw a little virtual party to save my own life, and you folks not only showed up. Many of you brought extra booze and metaphoric munchies.

I have that life back now, and I couldn’t have done it without your encouragement.

I promise all of you that I am now paying very close attention.

The DAILY DOSE is the culmanation of five years of tentative toe dipping into the creative writing pool, and realizing that if I couldn't kill the zombie boy, at least I could keep him under lock and key.

Those restraining devices manifested themselves as the discipline of creation. As long as I kept participating in the Universal recycling system, he would stay imprisoned and at bay.

My mantra? Keep making stuff, Keep doing stuff and make sure you share it openly and freely, with a true and authentic heart.

I don't need the "character" to make a contribution, and that consigns "Little Georgie" to a form of ultimate irrelevancy.

I'm now firing on all cylinders at full throttle.

I'd like to say I'm back in the saddle, but that remains to be seen. Let's see how fast, far and how long I can drive this Daily Dose truck. Lets see if I can keep it between the guardrails and prevent myself from crashing it into a tree.

So far its been a helluva ride, for me anyway.

I hope it has been as equally Hellacious for you, and I mean that with all due respect and gratitude.

DAMN THE TORPEDOS, FULL BLOG AHEAD!

"You may shoot for the stars and end up in a back alley behind Pluto, beaten and bloodied, but at least I dare to dream, and that’s better than being Earthbound, mired in the muck of mediocrity.

I judge my forward progress and success by the crushingly epic nature of my failures.

The more epic the crash, the more I’m convinced I must be doing something right"



AS ALWAYS: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE THIS BLOG ADDRESS VIA COPY AND PASTE IN AN EMAIL, THROUGH THE TWITTER OR FACEBOOK "SHARE" BUTTONS,WORD OF MOUTH, FILTHY WHISPERED GOSSIP, FALSE NARRATIVE, TIN CAN AND STRING CONFIGURATIONS, PONY EXPRESS, OR CARRIER PIGEON. WITHOUT FEEDBACK OR ACTIVE "SHARING", WHAT YOU JUST READ.... DOESN'T EXIST!


THANK YOU KINDLY,


COLONEL BEAUREGARD "IRON THIGHS" JEFFERSON, A.K.A. "THE MANAGEMENT"

1 comment:

Jack O said...

your public service announcment is kind of funny. Thats how i feel with the photos I post. View 'em, comment on 'em and share 'em. I welcome critques too. Just don't slam the subjects.