Monday, June 20, 2011

Daily Dose #24 (06/20/11)

ROSES

I alluded in a previous post (DOSE #21 /"PATINA") about the effects of being driven to the point that "stopping to smell the roses" was ignored; Not doing so can result not only in a missed opportunity, it actually can cause a lot of damage.


Waxing slightly poetic, in the closing of the piece I mentioned an empty vase, waiting to be filled with roses once again.

One of you dear readers took it upon themselves to fill that vase with three beautiful long stem roses. They were sent anonymously, and arrived by delivery last Saturday.

A not so random act of kindness. It was a thoughtful gesture and attached was a thoughtful message.

I often write about the cosmic recycling system... what we give up to God, or the Universe, or whatever you want to call it is reciprocated, just maybe not in a form that you expect. Matter and energy transforms, re-combines, and mutates as it travels through the system. It's not a "Quid Pro Quo" type of deal.

But to really feel it, you have to participate in it.

You may think that's metaphysical bullshit. I would offer this picture, and this gesture, as rebuttal.



Flowers may wither and die, but this moment won't. It changes the flow of energy, and however slightly, re-directs that flow permanently within the cosmic continuum.

I have given daily doses, and in doing so, have received a dose myself, that effects me as it re-directs me. I in turn write about and share the experience. You then read about it, and maybe this may have an effect on you, and how you treat others around you today.... and so on. It's infinite.

We humans are just little examples of what goes on in a much larger scale. We are the microcosm in the macrocosm. Little mirror reflections; miniature models of the unknowable, but awe inspiring whole.




"You may shoot for the stars and end up in a back alley behind Pluto, beaten and bloodied, but at least I dare to dream, and that’s better than being Earthbound, mired in the muck of mediocrity.

I judge my forward progress and success by the crushingly epic nature of my failures.

The more epic the crash, the more I’m convinced I must be doing something right"



AS ALWAYS: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE THIS BLOG ADDRESS VIA COPY AND PASTE IN AN EMAIL, THROUGH THE TWITTER OR FACEBOOK "SHARE" BUTTONS,WORD OF MOUTH, FILTHY WHISPERED GOSSIP, FALSE NARRATIVE, TIN CAN AND STRING CONFIGURATIONS, PONY EXPRESS, OR CARRIER PIGEON. WITHOUT FEEDBACK OR ACTIVE "SHARING", WHAT YOU JUST READ.... DOESN'T EXIST!


THANK YOU KINDLY,


COLONEL BEAUREGARD "IRON THIGHS" JEFFERSON, A.K.A. "THE MANAGEMENT"

2 comments:

Chris said...

Great blog! I particularly loved this line: "I have given daily doses, and in doing so, have received a dose myself, that effects me as it re-directs me."

YourFireAnt said...

I loved this one. It is just what I wanted to read this morning.

Thanks!! ox