Sunday, June 5, 2011

Daily Dose #9 (06/06/11)


LISTEN TO THE UNIVERSE YOU JACK ASS!

This 9th "Daily Dose" is directly connected to yesterday's 8th installment.

In yesterday's post, I talked about my sister Becky's first true love, Bobby Varno. and what an absolute profound effect he had on my life.

Bob is one of the greatest guys on the planet, bar none. Back in 1974, he was a true hero and role model for me... an upside down and left handed guitar gunslinger, that was really my first music teacher.

He guided me with a steady hand and showed me the ropes along with his younger brother Jimmy, of whom I played in my first band. They both would patiently strum out chords one note at a time so I could figure them out by ear on the piano.

Bob had impeccable musical taste. He fed me (and through my sister) a steady diet of required and essential listening, explaining the backstory behind each recording and how they related to one another.

So as I was writing yesterday's blog and thinking of the true importance and influence this man had on my life, I really wanted to express fully and with an open heart to anybody who might read the thing just how grateful I was to have had him as a mentor. He changed my life in a fundamental and beautiful way.

I haven't seen Bobby in over thirty years. When you can't express gratitude and thanks in private, then both have to be declared publicly in a true, real and authentic manner.You just have to throw it up into the Universe with pure love. You have to TESTIFY!

I needed to finish the eighth post, because downtown there was a "Taste Of Syracuse" festival, and there were a couple of acts that were "must sees" on my list, Just Joe and The Janglers, and the seminal power pop group The Flashcubes.

So mulling about before The Cubes stormed the stage, just guess who I ran into...

Yup. Bobby Varno. That's him in the above pic with yours truly.

Coincidence? I don't think so. I concentrated prayerfully about all that was good about this man and in a matter of minutes, he materialized before me in the flesh after a 30 year absence.

I may sometimes be dumb as a box of rocks, but if I have learned one thing on the planet its this: You give. You give, and you give, and you give some more: Do it without expectation of reciprocation and the power of creation will reward you like clockwork.

You have to be aware enough to know that you are receiving gifts of high value, because they may not always appear that way. They often manifest themselves as relationships, rather than stuff. You have to position yourself to receive them as well.

But this system works, no matter what human created dogma you might be tempted to attach to it.

We are all made of the same elemental stuff, and we are connected not only to each other but all the stuff that's flying around in the interstellar recycling system they call "The Universe". There's positive and negative electrical energy running through that entire system, through the infinite universe, and through ourselves like alternating current.

Positive force begets positive sympathetic results. Negative force begets negative sympathetic results. Its really breathtakingly simple, once you take the leap of faith of its existence.

But you have to be totally tuned in and mindfully aware, which is why every minute of the day does not go by without me reminding myself jokingly, "Listen to the Universe, you jack ass!".

To turn away, ignore, or cognizantly turn this system off is obtuse dumbassery at its limbic snake-brained finest.

Don't "Try": "Do". Don't parasitically "Take":"Give". Don't thoughtlessly destroy, following some scorched earth policy to serve your own needs at the expense of the needs of others: "make" instead. Don't "Hate": "Love". Don't harbor resentment: "Forgive". Don't point the crooked finger of blame: find your own personal responsibility in any adverse situation, because that's the place where future usable wisdom resides. Embrace failure and the lessons learned from it, instead of being paralyzed be the fear of failure.

But most of all try very hard to see the unseen connective tissue between any and all events and points in the continuum. If you look hard enough you'll see it, and be better off for having seen it.

That's what this blog is about. Please be careful to note that I have not "monetized" it in any way, shape or form.

No ads, No Google Adsence, no banners. This is me giving as hard as I possibly can, and I will continue to do so at the same level for the next year. I keep my promises, and maintain my integrity throughout. If someone wants to position themselves to receive anything of value that I may be offering? I can't control that side of the equation.

I can cite many instances of proof where this system is an actuality. It exists. But I have proof in hand, delivered as recently as yesterday. His name is Bobby Varno.




AS ALWAYS: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE THIS BLOG ADDRESS VIA COPY AND PASTE IN AN EMAIL, THROUGH THE TWITTER OR FACEBOOK "SHARE" BUTTONS,WORD OF MOUTH, FILTHY WHISPERED GOSSIP, FALSE NARRATIVE, TIN CAN AND STRING CONFIGURATIONS, PONY EXPRESS, OR CARRIER PIGEON. WITHOUT FEEDBACK, WHAT YOU JUST READ.... DOESN'T EXIST!



THANK YOU,

COLONEL BEAUREGARD "IRON THIGHS" JEFFERSON, A.K.A. "THE MANAGEMENT"

2 comments:

Lori Williams said...

Nice! Excellent words to live by and so glad you got to see your old friend and inspiration. :)

Sue B said...

Nice blog George! Bob Varno still looks like the Bob Varno I remember (from back in the mid-late '70's). Hi to you both from Sue Brown!